Brand: PrestoColor: SilverFeatures:
- Designed for easy, confident home pressure canning.
- The only safe method recommended by the USDA for canning vegetables, meats, poultry, and seafood.
- Doubles as a boiling water canner for fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, and salsa in half-pint and pint jars.
- Works on gas, electric, and Smooth-top ranges.
- Deluxe pressure dial gauge registers precise processing pressures, which is especially important in high altitude areas.
- Air vent/cover lock allows pressure to build only when the cover is closed properly and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced.
- Handy as a large capacity pressure cooker for meats, poultry, soups, and desserts.
- Durable heavy-gauge aluminum for long life and fast, even heating. Cooking/canning rack.
- Easy-to-follow 80-page instruction/recipe book for canning and pressure cooking. Regular mason jar Capacity: 12 half-pints, 10 pints, or 7 quarts (half-pints and pints only for boiling water processing).
- Included Components: Air Vent And Cover Lock, Item Shape: Round
- Designed for easy, confindent home pressure canning. The only method recommended safe for canning meats, vegetables, poultry and seafood.
- Easy -to-read dial gauge registers a complete range of processing pressures.
- Includes cooking/canning rack and complete instruction/recipe book.
- Mason jar capacity: 12 half-pints; 10 pints; 7 quarts.
- 13-1/4 by 14-1/2 by 11-3/4 inches; 12 year limited warranty.
Binding: KitchenRelease Date: 29-03-2008Details: Product DescriptionThe Presto 16-Quart pressure Canner is designed for easy, confident home pressure canning. The only safe method recommended by the U. S. Department of Agriculture for canning vegetables, meats, poultry, and seafood. Doubles as a boiling water Canner for preserving fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, and salsa in half-pint and pint jars. Works on gas, electric, and smooth-top ranges. Deluxe pressure dial gauge registers precise processing pressures, which is especially important in high altitude areas. Special air vent/cover lock allows pressure to build only when the cover is closed properly and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced. It also gives a visual indication of pressure inside the Canner. Handy to use as a large Capacity pressure cooker for preparing meats, poultry, soups, desserts, and more. Made of durable heavy-gauge aluminum for long life and fast, even heating. Includes a cooking/canning rack and an easy-to-follow 80-page instruction/recipe book for canning and pressure cooking. Regular mason jar Capacity: 12 half-pints, 10 pints, or 7 quarts (half-pints and pints only for boiling water processing). extended 12-year limited .Amazon.comThe USDA recommends pressure canning as the only safe method for low-acid foods such as vegetables, meats, and poultry. The Presto 16-quart pressure canner is more than adequate for any home canning needs. It’s a professional-quality tool, made of heavy-duty aluminum, with stay-cool handles and a strong-lock steel lid. An accompanying rack fits down into the pot to keep jars up off the bottom, so that liquid can circulate underneath. And it can do double duty as a large pressure cooker. It’s easy to cook healthfully with pressure cookers, since the food retains so much more of its nutrients and flavor. The sturdy lid locks down during canning or cooking; an inner sealing ring keeps the steam in. In addition to a pop-up pressure indicator and a simple steam-release mechanism, there is an overpressure plug that will let off steam if it builds up excessively. The pressure dial gauge gives an accurate reading so that pressure can be kept constant during canning. This pressure canner is also a cooker that’s useful for weeknight dinners or for any meal that needs to come together quickly. An accompanying booklet contains more than 50 recipes, ranging from basic soup stocks to stews and pot roasts–even sweets like English Plum Pudding and Brown Bread. Tenderize lean cuts of beef or pork, or cook chicken, fish, or vegetables faster than you can in a microwave, and without losing moisture.Nonabrasive cleansers are best for cleaning this aluminum pressure cooker, though occasional use of a fine metal polish will help the exterior keep its shine. The lid of the Presto 16-quart pressure canner is not immersible. In addition, the sealing ring should be removed after each use to allow cleaning of the inside rim of the lid. The dial gauge is delicate; detailed care instructions are found in the accompanying booklet. The vent pipe is simple to keep clean with a small brush or pipe cleaner, and both the air vent/cover lock and the overpressure plug are removable. The pressure cooker measures approximately 14-4/5 by 14-4/5 by 12 inches and carries a 12-year limited warranty. A detailed instruction and recipe booklet is included; special safety issues that pertain to pressure cookers are clearly explained. –Garland WithersEAN: 0163120762057Package Dimensions: 14.5 x 14.4 x 10.6 inches